Curve Balls

Hello dear friends. 

We have resurfaced. After arriving in Livingston, Texas to the Escapees RV Campground in May, our nomadic lifestyle came to an abrupt halt. My arthritic left knee which has been a literal pain for a couple of years decided to push the pain up to a limit that was getting difficult to tolerate. I couldn't walk very far and overall I felt frustrated. 

 I finally visited an orthopedic surgeon for an exam and on June 24 I had knee replacement surgery.


Above our newest rescue Miss Benny keeps me company during recuperation. Another cat, you ask!?! A little bit more about this in a minute 😸!

Short story about surgery, I developed a blood clot in my calf and have been on a blood thinner since. I began physical therapy a month after surgery. Usually you start this torture within a few days after surgery. I never got started that soon, and this is admittedly a dropping of the ball by the surgeon's office.

PT is not pleasant 😜! My problem, though, is that I can't fully extend my leg yet, even though they're trying to get me there. With four more weeks of PT scheduled, I am hopeful that this issue will be resolved. If not, further surgery will be needed. Most likely this would be to remove scar tissue. But, let's not go there yet! 

Okay, so we now have five cats in our 29' travel trailer. The newest is a kitten we found outside a restaurant where we had lunch recently. She had a sibling who wouldn't come near us, even though Benny was pretty friendly and confident in approaching us. Two different staff members encouraged us to take the kitties. Apparently the owner was planning on putting poison out to rid the area of a feral cat hangout behind the restaurant. 

Only Benny came to us although we tried hard to get the other kitten with no success.


This is our sweet boy Nevelle with his mini-me, Benny. We refer to Benny as the devil cat as she has moments using her kitten energy that causes lots of trouble. Things knocked over, sneaky and not so sneaky attacks on the other cats, jumping off the walls, running around the rv, biting...and more. But when she calms down, she's a cuddler, so very affectionate.


Looking at this picture, it's easy to see how she needs to grow into those ears!

So glad to be back! See you soon.





 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finally Dispersed Camping!

Looking for Spring Migrants