Technology Stress and The Wander Wagon


This was going to be the "hallejulah we found a home" post, and it will be momentarily, but first let me gripe about my photos.

Not too long ago, I purchased a lower end HP Chromebook. In hindsight, I discovered the device lacks some things that I automatically reach for, such as touch screen. D'oh.

I really dislike the touch pad, so I bought a mouse. Easy, peasy. 

And most importantly, a camera. Where is it??!! 

My biggest challenge has been uploading photos from my mobile to the Chromebook. What I thought would be a simple task has had me totally perplexed.

The distraught me.

I have spent countless hours trying to figure out why this is an issue, but I won't bore you with the details. Verizon can't figure out it out either. They said "call Hewlett Packer".

When I received the Chromebook, I was excited to see a camera lens above the screen! Then confusion set in, as there wasn't a corresponding view finder on the other side. No camera, I guess. Fast forward to this morning, and I am reading a sheet of paperwork that came with the computer (ok, I know I should have done this sooner), and the picture of the Chromebook shows that little lens as the camera. Yay!
Happier Diane!

But, here's the rub. I can only take photos in selfie mode. There's no icon I can find to reverse the view of the camera. I don't understand the setup so I think a call to HP tech support is in my near future.

So much for that. The very happy news is we purchased a wonderful new 2021 Shadow Cruiser travel trailer. I have many photos to share, but, yes, they are on my mobile waiting to come over to the Chromebook. So you'll have bear with this one photo taken this morning, of course, in selfie mode!
We have christened her/him the Wander Wagon!

I promise better pics of interior and exterior soon, hopefully. Suffice it to say for now, we are very happy and excited about it. It's roomy for us at almost 30' compared to our last trailer at 20'. The living space and kitchen are separate from the bedroom, rather than one big space. And it is pretty and bright (lots of windows) inside.

The cats, all four of them, seemed comfortable at first, but that's gone down the tubes. Every morning they are fighting and screeching until we call timeout, using the bathroom as a prison cell for the instigator. Not sure why they are acting out so frequently. 

Flip side, they can be awfully cute.


Next time, hear about some of the challenges problems with our new home.


Stay healthy!!


 




 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finally Dispersed Camping!

Looking for Spring Migrants

Curve Balls